Friday, 21 May 2010

Fulvus Ravus

Ahhh. I can't say today was stressful because I felt calm, but I can't say it was calm because I felt stressed. Agitation and complete lethargy are hard to reconcile into content productivity.
I started out by having two of the most kick-ass dreams ever, can't exactly remember what they were about except that in one of them I bought my Oma a coat she loved for €2*. The coat was really unusual, pretty and blue and I couldn't believe it was so cheap. I suppose there's a moral to that, I'm just too tired to look for it. It wasn't even the point of the dream. Anyway, I woke up to grey skies which is always killer fun, in my "new" room with the cat using me as a pillow. Whiskers has been quite affectionate and dare I say it, feminine recently which is bizarre since he's usually out killing things, eating at twelve houses a day and being the alpha-pet.

I love my new room arrangement. Arranging things gives me so much energy, inspiration and motivation. That and creating things like my Bible-cover have to be the two things that leave me more animated and merry than I started out. I wish there was a way I could do that forever and be content.

Then the rain came and I whipped out my SS hoodie and a scarf 'cause I could! Ah, I love this weather. It's been like this before each of my A's which I take to be a good sign since I'm most productive in the greyness.

Yesterday I made a list of the eight sections of physics that I have to study: Mechanics, Waves, Capacitors, Electricity/Electromagnetism, Thermodynamics, Nuclear Physics, Quantum Mechanics.
The first three are done in first year and the latter four are done in second year. I managed to knock down Capacitors and Quantum Mechanics by two this afternoon and became exasperated and distracted until about eight. As I went back to studying, I was convinced I had summaries (the way I study most efficiently) of the section I was doing and did my best to find it although I didn't exactly succeed. In the past hour I've unearthed summaries of the entire Thermodynamics section as well as Mechanics and Waves, which leaves me with only Electricity and Nuclear Physics. It isn't exactly an "only" since thats three quarters of second year, however it's a colossal step forward. 
This is momentous. I'm more advanced in my syllabus-coverage wrt time left (think of it as a graph) than I have been for any subject so far.

I just realised my food-intake peaked at breakfast. Whoops.

I think I'm going to go to bed, and sleep in comfort and peace in my ultra-cool arrangement. :D




*I found out how to use the € sign on my keyboard! :D
PS I have no idea why the font size is different, I've tried changing it and the html looks the same for all of it.

1 comment:

MINA said...

ah physics. good luck, personally i had studied the most for it too. it can be fun.. but taxing.